Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Weekly Contest Entry

Hello Everyone!
So, I decided to give another contest a try today.  For the Cricut Circle Weekly contest we had to create a card using a piece of artwork as inspiration.  I looked at this artwork with cabins along the river and I saw what seemed to be stitching and then thought of quilts.
The first thing I did was cut 1" squares using George Basic Shapes.  I then glued these all down in a quilt like pattern.  I didn't want to have the grass be in a zig zag so I cut some green squares in half so that it would be straight across.  I then used a Copic Multiliner and a ruler to add little dashes where each piece met to give it the stitched look.  I then used My Community to cut out the brick house at 4 inches and the pine tree at 2.5 inches.  When I cut the brick house I traced each cut with the multiliner in order to help it pop more.  I popped the brick house from the card in order to add some dimension.  The pine tree was attached to the card and I added dashed lines in order to give the look that it was sewn on.  I then used Create a Critter to cut out the cloud for the card.  I glued that piece right to the card and again "stitched" around the image.  I then looked at the card and it needed a sentiment.  I used a CTMH "Hello" stamp and Cranberry ink to add the sentiment.
Thanks for looking and I hope my inspiration challenge may have inspired you.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment