Friday, January 21, 2011

Cricut Weekly Contest Submission

Hello!  I have not been able to post for a bit but I have been busy and there has been some creating.  Tonight I completed a scrapbook page for the Circle weekly challenge.

Here is the contest description from the website:
Weekly Challenge #16: Cute As a Button Sketch Challenge!
Babies are definitely “cute as a button” with their sweet little faces and tiny features. In honor of our Baby Theme, this week we challenge you to create a SCRAPBOOK PAGE or CARD using the sketch below. Your project doesn’t need to follow the sketch exactly, but it should be apparent that you used it as inspiration. Feel free to turn it on it’s side or move elements to fit what you are doing. In addition to using the sketch, we also want you to incorporate STAMPING and BUTTONS (of course!).
Project must be newly created for this challenge and must include at least 2 different cuts from any Cricut cartridge to qualify.
Now, with my nephew being born last month this was the perfect contest.  I got to test myself to follow a sketch while getting a layout complete for my scrapbook.  I will also be eventually making a coordinating layout this weekend that will have his middle name.  Then, I just need to come up with some cute pictures that will be perfect to add.


The cartridges I used were Classic Cricut Font and Sugar and Spice.  I also used a CTMH stamp set for the bumble bee and Copic markers.  I truly love the sweetness of this layout and can't wait to add some pics.  I am thinking that some black and white pics of Andrew will add a priceless touch.  Can't wait to get it into my album!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your blog Cassie!! The layout is very cute. Did you hand color the baby bee?

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! Yes, I hand colored the baby bee with my Copics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower here!! You have a nice Blog!! I am new at blogging as well....almost a year! Come by and become my follower and see what I have been up to!!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    Rexann

    ReplyDelete